SDHF’s 2013 Annual Affordable Housing and Community Development Conference attracted hundreds of experts and professionals from across the region and state to a day of learning and connecting.READ MORE...
Affordable Housing Pre-Conference Institute – October 2nd
Resident Services Institute
Conference Program – October 3rd
Opening Session, “Looking to the San Diego’s Future: Demographic Trends and Transitions,” keynote Address by Dr. Manuel Pastor, University of Southern California
- View the entire keynote address on SDHF’s YouTube channel, SDHousingFed
- View and download Dr. Pastor’s powerpoint presentation
Morning Breakout Sessions
- Good Design Can Save You Money
- Strategies for Survival: Finding Opportunities in Existing Housing Supply
- Outlook on Social Impact Bonds (SIBs)
- Federal Housing Update: Funding & Policy in 2014
- Bringing Our Heroes Home: Design and Finance Considerations for Veteran’s Housing
Lunch Plenary, After the Nation-building: Cross-cutting policy and integrative service to help returning Veterans (re)build their civilian lives
Early Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Energy Efficiency in Affordable Housing is (almost) All Upside (Blogged by Melissa Buckley, TRC Energy Services)
- State Tax Credit Update
- Policy, Design, and Finance: Success in Transit Oriented Development
- Making Sense of the Evolving World of Land Use Regulation: Recent Legislation and Case Law
- Home Safe Home (Blogged by Jeanne Marie Coronado, Community HousingWorks)
Late Afternoon Breakout Sessions
- Modular: Does it Work for Affordable Housing?
- Maximizing Tax Credit Equity
- From Built Community to Engaged Community: Advancing QOL via Neighborhood Partnerships (Blogged by Heather Laird, Community HousingWorks)
- State Policy Update: What is on the Horizon at the State Capital?
- Building and Maintaining Quality Supportive Housing
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!