Working as a coalition of affordable housing developers, advocates, and other organizations, we promote the creation of quality affordable housing focused on lower income families and people in need.
San Diego Housing Federation values policies, programs and projects that demonstrate a commitment to a long-term and holistic approach to community development by:
- Serving households with lower incomes;
- Delivering permanent affordability;
- Building to the highest and most environmentally sustainable standards;
- Contributing to and improving upon the social and physical fabric of the surrounding community;
- Incorporating broader community development strategies;
- Demonstrating good stewardship of public resources and maximizing public benefit; and
- Contributing to strategies for ending poverty.